IN SIMPLE TERMS, OUR OVERALL DESIRE AND HOPE IS TO ASSIST LOCAL PASTORS ACHIEVE AND CONSOLIDATE THE GROWTH OF GOD’S KINGDOM AND OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH. WE AIM TO EQUIP, EDUCATE AND ENGAGE AT THE LOCAL LEVEL.
1. Significant focus on development of facilities and educational opportunities for underprivileged children:
- India (Punjab): a school / hostel for orphaned slum children
- Pakistan (Lahore): education for children working (bonded slavery) in brick factories
2. Significant focus on outreach to communities.
- Beginning in India and Pakistan, to develop and implement a key input such as bore holes in villages to supply fresh water.
3. Formalise a template for start up and operation of a bible school, which will form the basis for setting up and operating a bible school in any given location:
- Identify suitable new locations
- Develop opportunities for partners to sponsor a pastor, a student or even a school
4. Work with local leaders to develop income generation projects that once up and running will contribute funding to local works.
- Examples are: an auto rickshaw taxi service, and a beauty salon, both in New Delhi, India
5. Develop and implement a partnership concept for people wishing to partner with / work with Charis Ministries at varying levels of involvement.
6. Undertake mission visits to India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Macedonia.
7. Identify and develop new connections to work with at the local level.
- Possibilities for 2018 are Kenya, Ghana and Bulgaria have already been identified.
For more information on how you can bring hope into lives and communities and help us EQUIP, EDUCATE AND ENGAGE please get in touch with us.
+44 7738 197241